Fiscally responsible reforms for students, workers and retirees.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Republican Principles for Ensuring Student Success in the 21st Century
Focusing on what’s best for students, parents, teachers, and communities
1. Help each child achieve his or her full and unique potential
2. Give students the tools and knowledge to succeed in the 21st century
3. Ensure America’s educational system is the best in the world
We will do this by
1. Restoring Local Control. Academic standards, testing systems, and curriculum should be set by states and local educators—without coercion from the federal government—to ensure those who know our children best are able to shape their education to excel in college and the workplace.
2. Empowering Parents. Parents should have a greater role in selecting and participating in the learning environment that best serves their children’s needs.
3. Letting Teachers Teach. Onerous federal requirements should be removed to ensure our teachers and local schools have the freedom to operate and innovate as they think best.
4. Protecting Taxpayers. Taxpayer dollars should be spent wisely, eliminating ineffective programs and making investments that help students achieve success on an increasingly competitive world stage.
# # #